Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sister Tiffany Nelson: From Smelling Smoke to Smelling Fruit!

This Week in the Alabama Birmingham Mission 


 I knew before I came out on my mission that I was allergic to smoke, not a good way to start a mission! I would sometimes break out in a rash or get a splitting migraine. When we walked into a particular investigator's home, it was like walking into a brick wall. The smoke was so strong my throat closed off 3 times. My companion was teaching the lesson, and I didn't know what to do at the time so I tried my hardest to collect myself by trying to open my airway back open. When the lesson was finished we got into the car and I started to cry because I was so afraid. I didn't ever want that to happen again!!!

 The next two days my personal prayers consisted of praying for strength so that my body would be able to sustain the smoke when I went into homes. Three days after that experiences my companion and I were told to go and visit a young lady who's husband had just past away. We intended to go in and share a Christmas message with her then leave. When we arrived at her home, again, we hit a smoke packed BRICK wall, I started to panic, and realized that I needed to pray, I said a silent prayer to myself, and asked for strength to endure, I told heavenly that I would do his will, if he would help me with this. I kid you not, 5 seconds later I could smell FRUIT the whole hour we were there! We taught the whole lesson and invited her to baptism. After we left we started driving home, and all of the sudden my head was killing me. The smoke had remained on my clothing and was causing a splitting migraine.

 I testify to you that the Lord works in ways that man may not understand, that night I knelt in prayers of thanks, and told the lord I would never under estimate his power again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear how this has inspired you!