Thursday, January 2, 2014

Elder Spencer Lehr: The Prayer of a Missionary (Adapted from the Prayer of a Child)

This Week in the Provo MTC
Elder Lehr is preparing to serve in Madagascar

I received a "poem journal" for Christmas. When I received it, I wrote one down that night, and have been trying to do one every day. Some of these are too sacred to share, until I feel the Holy Ghost prompt me, but here is one I wrote to share. I rewrote the words to "Prayer of the children" I felt inspired to do so, and turned it into this poem:

The Prayer of a Missionary. (As you read, please think of the music of prayer to the children with it since that is how the timing of the rhythm is based on.)

Can you hear,
The Prayer of a Missionary?
Praying to God,
"Please give me Lord, thy love from above."

Can you feel,
The heart of a missionary?
Pleading for peace,
"Please let my faith in thee increase.

Crying Jesus
 "Help me! To feel the joy again,
Of one more day,
For when unknown roads lead away from home,
Only thee I see.

Can you sing,
The song of a missionary?
Inviting to Christ,
Breaks the darkness, and enters the light

Can you feel
the change in a missionary?
Giving all to God,
Holding fast to the iron rod

Crying jesus!
Help me to teach with authority
by thy own mouth
For when doubts are cleared
I know you're near
Giving loving arms

Will you join
with all of the missionaries!?
Giving all!
Now go and do your call

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear how this has inspired you!