Thursday, November 7, 2013

How to Share the Gospel through Instagram: ArmyOfHelaman

I was so excited when I heard missionaries could use social media! Even though I still have a couple years until I will be able to serve a full-time mission. 

I knew the church desperately needed member missionaries so I decided I would try my hardest to bring others closer to Christ online! That's when I created an instagram account called armyofhelaman. My goal was to get 2000 stripling instawarriors. I recently achieved that goal and have 2000+ followers! I post inspirational quotes from church leaders, scriptures, and encouraging words! I did this from my home on my phone. It only takes me a few minutes every day but mostly I get to share my testimony with 2000 youth from all over the world! Since then I have expanded to Pinterest and Facebook. Sometimes when I am reading through my previous posts I learn things from what I had written weeks ago. I know that the spirit speaks through me so that I am able to say what my followers need to hear! I had no idea that missionary work was so much fun! Social media is such a blessing and I am so thankful for it!

Infographic © Go-gulf.com

How Do You do Missionary Work through Social Media?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear how this has inspired you!