Saturday, November 9, 2013

Elder Jacob Milne's Family: The Angel Who Renewed Our Faith

From the California, Santa Rosa Mission


Four years ago, there was a frantic knock on our front door,  My husband and I were both home as we had both lost our jobs due to the economy.  A police officer was there asking if we could watch the neighbor kids. Our neighbor's little girl wasn't breathing and she was being taken to the hospital. We watched the kids as the call came that their sister had passed away.When the kids were picked up, my husband and I broke down, hugging each other bawling.  The spirit was so strong in our home that day it was encompassing to me, a feeling that I can never forget.

At this time in our lives we weren't active in our church. We were  on the verge of losing our house,  our teenager was giving us lots of extra grey hairs, and to be frank we were drowning in so many difficulties of life that were so horrible. After this tragic event, we decided to go church the next Sunday.  I will never forget the warm welcoming smile I received from the mother of this little angel who passed when I walked through the doors, a tear rolled down her cheek.

For the first time in my life, I knew there was eternal life.  Our Bishop asked to see us; he helped us get back on our feet.  Paying bills we couldn't afford, giving us the food we needed to survive.  I know that without the help from our church our lives would be different today.

Now, four years later, that lost teenager is a FANTASTIC Missionary and example of God to not only his own family and ward but too many.  Our daughter was baptized by our Son, before he left on his mission. What a beautiful day for our family.We are now active in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints and his little sister has a fierce testimony of God and wants to share it with the world.  Thankfully, we are employed now and life is looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear how this has inspired you!